Open Food Facts is a free, online and crowd-sourced database of food products from around the world.
Project : New Native iOS app to drive mass adoption and mass contribution
The aim of this project is to improve the new native iOS application written in the Swift language to drive mass adoption and mass contribution by:
- On-boarding screen to introduce the features
- Changing the language on-the-fly
- Continuous Scan for bar codes and Overlay
- Offline contribution
- Drip editing
- Renovating User Interface
- App Store listing for specific keywords
- Growth Hacking techniques to get more customers
- App Store Optimisation
- Reviews and Rating for User testing
Every feature will be powered by the underlying APIs provided by Open Food Facts.
Primary purpose is to enhance User experience through implementing new features and revamping the existing ones. The project will also be made more developer friendly by adding inline comments and refining the documentation.
You can find the project on GitHub.